Rogue Phone built on Google Pixel 6 Pro comes with 5G functionality that can be optionally switched off. We purchase a brand new phone for you and install a fresh, privacy-respecting operating system right out of the box. This ensures that you’re getting strong hardware without trackers, listeners, or hidden code.
- $955-$1165 – Google Pixel Pro 6 with 5G + tax
- $100 – Installation of GrapheneOS and Aurora app store
- $55 – Logistics (overhead, customer support, credit cards fees, shipping)
- $25 – Donation to GrapheneOS (to ensure the future of this private, secure operating system)
The Privacy-Respecting Operating System
(built by GrapheneOS and installed by Rogue Phone)
The operating system is the core of what makes Rogue Phones safe and privacy-respecting. We install the open-source privacy-first operating system developed by the non-profit, GrapheneOS project. You can read more about why we’re confident in the GrapheneOS project and the operating system they build here.
The new operating system comes with:
- A stronger app sandbox: This means that apps run in an isolated location on your phone. They don’t share information with other apps or communicate outside your phone without approved permissions.
- Vanadium – your default and privacy-respecting browser. Vanadium (custom-built by the developers of GrapheneOS) is also a hardened WebView. What is a WebView? The WebView is what most other apps use to handle web content, so this secures your browsing experience on Rogue Phone and also secures many of the apps you’ll use day-to-day.
- Hardware-based security verification and monitoring – this is an auditor service that ensures your operating system has never been tampered with our added to – not by us, not by anyone.
- Seamless automatic update system that just works and stays out of the way in the background without disrupting device usage.
- Minimal bundled apps and services. Only essential apps are integrated into the OS. GrapheneOS doesn’t make partnerships with apps and services to bundle them into the OS. Rogue Phone’s approach will be recommending certain apps during the initial setup, not hard-wiring them into the OS.
- No Google apps and services built-in. Building privileged support for Google services into the OS isn’t something GrapheneOS is going to be doing.
- And more… for the full (and somewhat technical list, see the GrapheneOS Feature List)
Please note that due to the open-source nature of this project, one feature that will not work is:
- Google Pay touch (NFC) payments
(all information by Google):
What’s in the box:
- 1 m USB-C to USB-C cable (USB 2.0)
- Quick Start Guide
- Quick Switch Adapter
- SIM tool
All Google Pixel information is copyright by Google. More details can be found at Google’s Product Site.